Graphology is the study and analysis of handwriting especially in relation to human psychology. In the medical field, it can be used to refer to the study of handwriting as an aid in diagnosis and tracking of diseases of the brain and nervous system.
The term is sometimes incorrectly used to refer to forensic document examination. Graphology has been controversial for more than a century. Although supporters point to the anecdotal evidence of thousands of positive testimonials as a reason to use it for personality evaluation, most empirical studies fail to show the validity claimed by its supporters.
Reveal a side of your character through your handwriting.
Write a sentence on a piece of paper and analyze it with the graphology analysis.
|Slant (handwriting) of the letters
- A forward slant indicates high emotional expressiveness
- Vertical handwriting indicates moderate, restrained emotional expression
- A left slant indicates emotional withdrawal.
|Angle of the lines on unlined paper
- An upward slant indicates optimism and higher energy.
- A downward slant or lines with trail off the page indicate low energy or physical exhaustion.
- A slant to the right can indicate sensitivity, while a slant to the left can indicate a hardness of the character. Fairly straight writing can indicate a balanced frame or state of mind.
|General shape of the strokes
- Circular handwriting indicates an agreeable, easygoing nature.
- Angular handwriting with sharp points indicates aggressiveness, directness, and high energy
- Square handwriting indicates a real world, practical based approach
- Squiggles and irregular strokes indicate an artistic and non standard approach
- The letter “t” has the largest number of interpretations. For example where the horizontal “bar” of the t is placed on the vertical “stem” indicates where one places their goals, while the height of the t stem indicates the potential to accomplish those goals.
- A low t bar indicates goals or self esteem set lower than what can be accomplished.
- A t bar high on the stem indicates goals set high and a high self esteem.
- A t bar that is above the stem indicates setting goals higher than can be accomplished.
- A cursive y that has been crossed back over ornately or several times can indicate a perverted state of mind.
|Pressure applied on the paper while writing
- The emotional intensity behind a person’s behavior. The heavier the pressure, the more intense the emotions of that person.
- The pressure on the paper can also indicate the level of stress that the person is experiencing. (The more pressure applied, the more stress the person is under.)